The 2nd National Congress, with the theme Missio Ad Gentes, was the culminating activity for the celebrations of the Philippines’ 500 Years of Christianity. Dominus Est assisted the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Mission in organizing this historic event and joined the technical team and speakers in Cebu, the historical setting for the Closing of 500 YOC. Watch the following talks on mission for the 2nd National Mission Congress
International Missiology Symposium
Fr. Stephen Bevans, SVD
“New Directions of Missio Ad Gentes in the Changing Mission Frontiers of our Time”
Fr. John Young
“Missionary Discipleship in the Local Church”
Fr. Danny Huang, SJ
“Rethinking Missio Ad Gentes in the Context of the Church in Asia Today”
National Mission Forum
Dr. Danilo Gerona
“The History of the First Evangelization in the Philippines”
Bp. Pablo David
“The New Missionary Situations in the Philippines”
Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle
“Reviving the Missionary Mandate of the Church Today in the Philippines and Beyond”
Mission and the Laity
Mr. Michael Ariola (Couples for Christ)
Migrants and Diaspora Mission
Fr. Favio Baggio, CS
Mission in the Peripheries
Sr. Ananita Borbon, RGS
Women in Mission
Sr. Mila Montesa, FMM
Mission and the Youth
Mr. Stephen Borja
Mission in the City
Fr. Andrew Recepcion
Missio Inter Gentes and its Implications for Mission Theology Today
Fr. Samuel Agcaracar, SVD
Mission Among Indigenous Peoples
Sr. Aristea Bautista, FMM
Communication in the Digital Age
Fr. Norman Peña, SSp
Mission and Inculturation of Filipinos
Fr. Jose Vidamor Yu, LRMS
Pablito Baybado, Jr.
Paradigms of Missionary Spirituality Today
Sr. Judette Gallares, RC
500 Years of Christianity in Cebu
Fr. Ramon Echica
Round Table Discussions
Round Table Discussion on Asia-Pacific
1. Fr. Rocco Viviano, SX, a missionary priest belonging to the Society of Saint Francis Xavier for the Missions (Xaverian Missionaries).
2. Sr. Judette Gallares, R.C., from the Philippines, is a member of the Religious of the Cenacle, Asia Region. She is currently missioned at the Cenacle in Macau, China S.A.R. She is involved in the ministry of retreats/spiritual direction and religious formation.
Moderator is Msgr. Esteban Lo, LRMS, the Executive Secretary of the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Mission and National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies, Philippines.
Round Table Discussion on Africa
1. Sr. Mila Montessa, FMM. Filipina Missiologist from St. Paul's University in Ottawa, Canada
2. Rev. Fr. Ador Castillo, CICM. Vicar General of the Congregation of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Moderated by Rev. Fr. Antonio Pernia, SVD. Former dean of the Divine Word Institute of Mission Studies in Tagaytay City.
Round Table Discussion on America-Europe
1. Ms. Suzette Nellass, a missiologist from Cebu City. Currently taking Doctoral Studies in Missiology at the Pontifical Gregorian University.
2. Rev. Fr. Jose Yu, LRMS. He is currently the Spiritual Director of the Lorenzo Ruiz MIssionary Society. Hearned his license of Doctor of Missiology at the Pontifical Gregorian University.
Moderator is Rev. Fr. Andrew Recepcion. He is a professor of missiology at the Pontifical Gregorian University.
Fr. Gerome Pelayo - Mission Experience in the Solomon Islands
Ms. Leah Custodio - Lay Missionary to Africa
Msgr. Allen Aganon - Filipino Clergy Missionary to South America
Sr. Angel Libron - Missionary to South Korea
Fr. Eusebio Manangbao - Filipino Clergy Missionary to Africa
Ms. Rhodora Balingit - Lay Missionary to Italy