by Joel V. Ocampo
1. The Gospel and the Second Reading today made me realize that like John the Baptist, I am but a herald for Christ our Savior.
2. As Christ’s herald, I too must proclaim God’s mercy. I stand here before you today as that herald.
3. Your Holiness, thank you for your trust and confidence, your constant and living witness has the greatest herald of God’s mercy in our times is truly my inspiration in shepherding Christ’s flock.
4. The scourge has crippled us with many ways, but it has enabled us too, in more creative ways and has made us see clearly the things that we value most in our lives.
5. Some people may actually think that God has abandoned us, but instead, for us steadfast believers, it simply shows forth God’s power in the midst of our helplessness.
6. We see God as our only help in our helplessness. God’s light shines on us in the midst of darkness.
7. The light of our faith allows us to see God’s mercy even in this low moment of darkness.
8. God has gifted us with faith so that we too can become gifts of faith to others; all of us are therefore gifted to give!